Secrets to Longer Lasting Clothing
They are your clothes. You would think you know them. In truth, however, as often as you have worn them, your clothes have kept some secrets from you. The good news is, as you find out what they are hiding, it will allow you to extend their lives—sometimes almost indefinitely. Make sure you like new clothes when you buy them since using these laundry tips will make them part of your lives for a long time.
Laundry Hacks to Make Your Clothes Last
Some of these may make sense to you, while others may seem counterintuitive. Give them a try and see if your clothes thank you for looking attractive and feeling comfortable a lot longer:
- Wash in cold water except for towels and soiled whites. Warm water fades, shrinks, and is more abrasive.
- The more detergent you use, the faster your clothes age. For most loads, a tablespoon will suffice.
- Turn your dark clothes inside out as well as your clothes with decals. Colors rub against other exteriors and fade.
- If you have a stain, soak it in cold water and spray it. There is no need to add more detergent for the whole load.
- Take your time drying wet clothes. Use the “delicate” cycle, which ensures lower temps.
- Avoid the dry cleaner, which exposes your clothes to abrasive chemicals. Place delicates in a mesh bag and use cold water and a gentle setting.
Smart Tech Comes to the Laundry Room
While we are discussing smart ways to wash your clothes, you may be interested in knowing that smart tech has found its way to the laundry room. You can utilize washers and dryers by programming your smartphone with the help of FMB Laundry, which provides smart equipment for residents of colleges, multi-family homes, and more. You can check us out on our website or give us a call at (800) 832-6193.