Join Our Growing Company!
FMB Laundry is hiring! Are you looking for a great opportunity to impact Baltimore’s best family owned laundry equipment company? Reporting directly to the president of the company, the office manager/executive assistant will be responsible for a wide range of duties including:
- Managing office personnel and customer service team
- Customer relationship management – handling customer inquiries, preparing proposals, sending customer correspondence
- Assist with company accounting – AP/AR, bank transactions, invoicing, tracking purchase orders
- Insure telephone coverage from customer support team – duties include answering calls as necessary
- Managing the president and vice presidents schedules, travel, and correspondence
- General office administration – handling inbound/outbound mail, ordering office supplies, preparing monthly reports
The office manager/executive assistant will receive an annual salary plus a generous package of benefits:
- $40,000 to $50,000+ salary based on experience
- Company IRA retirement plan with match up to $2,000
- Paid vacation days
- 40 hour work weeks
- Casual office environment
Prior experience working as an office manager, executive assistant, or both is preferred but not required for consideration.
The best candidates will have:
- Proficiency with Microsoft QuickBooks, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Outstanding customer service skills on the phone – written and verbal
- Managed a small office staff demonstrating an ability to exercise good judgment in dealing with employees
- Experience working with diverse populations – employees, customers, vendors, and prospective customers
- Office management skills – ordering supplies, creating schedules, supervising work, delegating tasks
- Basic accounting skills – AR/AP, banking transactions, invoicing, estimating
- Great interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and a desire to contribute in a meaningful way
- A bachelor’s or associates degree. Significant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
Ready to join our team? Click here to email us your resume and a brief introduction.
Please include your name and “Office Manager/Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
FMB Laundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Doing laundry is one of life’s necessities that most people do without thinking. The way that washing and drying clothes has become part of our daily lives is a strong reason why you should think about having an in-house laundry system at your business.
Almost any type of establishment you can think of could benefit from having laundry equipment on-site. However, there are some entities for which the option is particularly economical. They include:
- Athletic facilities
Save Time When Keeping Items Clean
Being able to do laundry without leaving your property is a huge perk, especially if you’re dealing with large quantities of items. Think of how much time it would take to go to off-site locations and launder 100 tablecloths after a catered wedding or the uniforms of all the players and support personnel associated with a football team, for example.
An in-house system boosts your productivity. It makes it possible to keep items clean and ready for future use without having to travel to laundry facilities in another place.
Promote Better Employee Compliance
Having access to laundry equipment on-site also works well if your business requires people to wear a particular uniform while at work. You could implement a process where workers take off their company-approved clothes before leaving to go home, then return to find the uniforms freshly washed, dried and ready to wear for the next shift.
Taking this approach eliminates the possibility that employees might damage your businesses’ image by showing up in attire that’s wrinkled or stained. It also ensures they won’t come to work and confess that they forgot to wear a work uniform altogether.
Furthermore, you’ll always have clean uniforms for people to wear once they’ve just gotten hired. There is no need to delay their start dates while waiting for ordered garments to arrive.
Ready to learn more about how this kind of commercial equipment could benefit your business? Contact us at FMB Laundry today.
Speed Queen Quantum® Controls represent the most sophisticated technology on the market today, uniting equipment, programming and multi-housing facility management into one versatile system. Working in tandem with your Speed Queen washers and dryers, FMB Laundry can program your machines to:
- Easily manage your laundry room with remote internet access from any computer in the world.
- Establish multi-level pricing and soil-level cycles.
- Track coin or card transactions.
- Quantum Controls offer an easy-to-read digital display that allows residents to see how their load is progressing and ensure that machines turn over quickly.
- Let your residents choose up to 27 cycle combinations to provide the proper temperature and soil level selection for maximum efficiency and user preference.
- Multi-level vend options allow you to set varying vend prices for hot and warm wash cycles and medium and heavy-soil loads.
- Give residents the option to purchase additional top-off dryer time before the initial dryer cycle has been completed.
For more information and to find out if this machine is the best match for your property’s needs, give us a call at 877-709-3599!